The New Year is here and it’s time to think about how we want the year to go. Before you start making resolutions that may be unrealistic or unattainable we want you to take a few moments to think about 2019. How you want it to look, smell and be!
Below are some questions that can help guide you in making your list of intentions for the year to come. Grab some paper, a pen and let’s get through these questions.
- How do you want to feel in 2019?
- What do you feel like you are ready to release in 2018?
- What makes you happy?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What do you avoid doing or feel resistance towards?
- What is around you that makes you feel unhappy?
Once you’ve gone through these questions you’re ready to make a list of intentions. Your list of intentions should reflect the answers in the previous questions and should be able vague and short enough to see how allow you to reflect on it in the end of the year.
Some vague intentions we’ve sent in the past are:
- Learn to use my voice
- Explore the world with my partner
- More time with family
In these statements you can see that they are very vague and don’t follow the typical SMART goals model. Instead there are things that you can work on through the whole year and reflect on. Below you’ll see how we typically add comments to reflect on the intentions we’ve made .
- Learn to use my voice I was able to communicate with loved ones to express my feelings. I became the leader at our meetings. I stood up for myself in work and at moments between friends.
- Explore the world with my partner This year I saw parts of the country with my partner, went to Georgia, Canada, and more!
- Run I trained and completed my first (and only) Half Marathon!
- More time with family This year I was able to plan and attend trips and excursions with my family that brought me closer and led to more memories.
Give it a try yourself and feel free to share with us, tag or dm us @nomorechichos.
We look forward to seeing your intentions and seeing you accomplish them in the year to come. We can’t wait to be there for you every step of the way. If you wan’t a little extra push save your spot for the upcoming vision board party taking place in January!